Sunday, March 28, 2021

Wax on-Wax Off

 The last wax and buff was over 2 years ago.  The hull was dirty and nasty, yet ASD was still somewhat shiny. It was sunny and warm.  I first used a hull cleaner to remove some bad marks and green stuff.  It has acid in it so gloves were a must.  Then I started with an orange pad to cut the dirt and grim.  It took all the black marks and makes it shiny.  I started on the port side.

Then with a red pad, I added Starbrite polish. and buffed until the surface was chalky.  Next with the with the buffer, I used a micro-cloth buffing pad to bring out the mirror shine.

Not bad for 34 year old boat!

No the bad news.  As I was adding polish, the buffer would not shut off.  The switch went bad. Unless I wanted to wait a week for a new switch, then an additional week polishing the starboard side, I went out on the internet to find a new buffer.  Found one in Seattle at Fisheries.   A 4 hour drive and an almost 6 hour drive back.  By then it was late.  Then Kay was flying out early the next morning so yesterday was a wash and lost sunny day.

Today, pouring down rain and 30mph wind.  No-Go today.







No comments:

Post a Comment