Wednesday, February 15, 2017

ASD 2017 Prepreations-Water maker

Well the water maker from RO Water arrived today. I will post the process here.

I went to the engine room to start scouting a place to put it. I will be installing it on the STBD side, but before I can do that, I have to relocate the battery chargers to the Port side. There is already a board on that side to mount them. I purchased another Xantrex 40 amp and a remote panel to tie the 2 chargers together. Yes the wiring will be different than you see in the picture. What you see is an emergency fix last summer. 

The membranes will be mounted on the engine room ceiling. This cuts down the length of high pressure lines. The water maker's control panel and filters will be mounted where the battery chargers are currently located. I will tie into the thru hull in the bottom picture. I will also make a manifold and tie that into the salt water wash down.  Once that is installed, I can feed salt or fresh water to the wash down spigots.


The Water Maker has arrived!

First thing is to relocate the battery chargers. (black box and grey box lower left with yellow plugs)

The thru-hull.  Thing with white tag.

The white board in the back is where the chargers are going to be relocated.

No comments:

Post a Comment