Monday, May 1, 2017

I will NEVER do that again!

I will NEVER EVER cross that bar on an ebb tide.  We crossed an hour after high tide and the USCG called for 4-6 feet building to 8-12 AFTER 9 AM!!  BS.  It came early.  10+ with breakers over the top. I swear we dropped 20 feet out of the sky.  Couldn't turn around.  The only option was forward.  As soon as I hit the gap between the first and second green buoy I started to head north.  Took about an hour to clear the Columbia River influence.  It was uncomfortable for about another 2 hours.  Then we started to get SE winds and following seas.


Then my stomach turned loose.  The Admiral offered to give me a patch for behind the ear.  Did I accept?  Oh no!!  I am a macho man!!!!  The girls took over for the next 3 hours while I laid on the floor flopping like a fish!


Made Neah Bay.  Had to untangle the anchor rode as it "jumped" out of its storage well into the guest bed!  No big deal.


Cranked the Genny.  It turned 1/4 turn and stopped.  Now I am thing new generator.  Crusty to the rescue! (Pairadice) He told me that he had read on TF about the genny sucking up water causing a hydraulic lock.  We discussed the procedure.  2 hours later, I had a running generator and a very big mess to clean up.


Thanks TF and Crusty for the help.


Pics tomorrow.  I am going to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment