Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Weekend of the Crapper and Birds, Birds, Birds everywhere...

The two heads I have on this boat are operated by vacuum.  A pump evacuates the air out of the system and when you push down on the foot petal, the vacuum pulls the crap to the pump, which then pumps it into the holding tank.  Now you are an expert on Vacu-Flush! 

My system had a small leak which means the pump would shut off, but then start back up after a few minutes.  I rebuilt the first part of the system on Friday, but I still had a leak.  I was able to determine the leak was in the aft head system.  To troubleshoot, I have this special vacuum gage.  I cut the main line to the aft head.  The leak is in the main line, so I had to pull 25 feet of 20+ year old sewer line.  It was a crappy job.  So now I have to run a new line to the back head.  Hoping to finish this job this week.

Oh yeah, it snowed about 12 inches over the past two days and Kay took lots and lots of pictures of birds and water fowl.......Enjoy.
Always great sunsets on Fisher Slough!

Lone Piling, but notice the current

More sunsets....


Reflection of the clouds

Bird feeders and log chain


Got dinner, craw fish


What kind of duck???

Trying to get a sturgeon


Hard to see, but flights of geese heading north

Spring is coming!  Geese flying north


Getting closer to living on the river!  Got my BBQ on the dock


Heading into the sunset

Cool reflection

Friends over for Dinner.  1st steaks on the dock BBQ


Wine is Kay's..........

Back of Alaskan Sea Duction

Back at the house a coyote making an get a way 


Where's that Kitty Cat??


Kay's humming birds in the snow




Standing on a frog to avoid the snow




Lots of snow

Feeders are full birds are happy

Blue Jay


Scrub Jay





Woody wood pecker


Looking up the hill at the house







Cool Humming Bird


Charlie's boat

Still Floating

Need to be carful I don't ski down the ramp into the water.  Is there Gold in my future?

Water is warmer than the land




Here kitty kitty.........




Ducks everywhere













Nasty Roads





Love doves....


Longview Yacht Club

Almost home


Aft Head.  What a mess


The crown head

25 feet of old sewer hose

Come on kitty come out to play....


No comments:

Post a Comment