Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Log Pond 2 and back to home with Visitors


We left the log pond and headed back home with a great feeling!  Got to spend some time with friends we haven't seen in a year or so.  Nick and Karen are switching to a land yacht, so they are cleaning their boat and readying it for sale.  We asked they keep us in mind if they do sale as we are interested in their dinghy.  Their dink has a hard bottom and is needed in Alaska as most beaches have rocks and sharp shells and would tear up our soft bottom pretty quickly.

I got a call from my brother Jeff saying he and my nephew Frankie, were leaving Texas and heading to Hermiston WA for a job.  They dropped by for a few days and we had a blast.  Kay took them to St. Helens and they got to experience some great sturgeon fishing.  About 15 minutes after they left to Hermiston, Kay's aunt Leona and her brother, David dropped by for a quick visit!  We had a great visit.  David mentioned he had always wanted to catch a sturgeon, so I baited a hook and 4 minutes later he was fighting a fish.  he was a very happy man!

Meanwhile, the canvas guy continues his work to redo all our canvas.  The bridge is looking great and Kay and I can put the carpet back in soon as it won't get wet.  I am still working on polishing the boat, but it is taking some time.  We are in the summer cycle now, meaning the wind starts up in the afternoon from the west and can make things pretty rough.  We also put up a new awning for shade on the dock. Today I bought my mom's airline ticket and she will be headed out here in August.

Oh I have 46 Mondays until I am eligible to retire, but will be hanging around until the end of 2015, so that makes it 82 Mondays, but who's counting....



Kay took this GREAT pic

Purple Martains


Sunset at the log pond

Nice boat

View of the log pond. Great pic of the clouds

Blow Boats



Our friend Stan and Stef






Lazy B

Nasty dock

ASD


Leaving the pond


Sunshine







Kay and her rocks

Finally sunshine



Solo Mt Cemetery on Memorial Day




Amen




Kay and one of many many sturgeons





My brother and his son

Frankie, me and Jeff


Kay's aunt's Brother David



Little did we know he had always wanted to catch a sturgeon



Putting up the new canopy





Done

Can you believe this little guy just wanted to sit in my hand



OK he is really dead

Watering the flowers


Proud to be an American


 

No comments:

Post a Comment