Friday, April 17, 2015

Spring and Dinghy Davits

Well the improvements continue.  Kay and I spent the weekend installing our new dinghy davit system.  It was fairly easy and it is simple to use.  I had to get into the 50f water to tighten 4 bolts.  It was really not that bad as I had Charlie’s wet suit, but it was clear he is a smaller skinnier guy than me.
The only error I made was that I placed the rear blocks too close to the stern, so it is a tight fit on the swim platform.  I plan to move the davit out about 6-8 inches for some leg room to walk around it.
Starting this week we will have a visitor for a couple of weeks.  Kathy from Alaska will be joining us for this year’s Astoria Crab and Wine Fest.  Kay’s sister, Jennie and her husband had to cancel out.  We will miss you, but there is always next year and then they can go with us around the horn to Puget Sound.  Who knows.
We are also starting to get more and more small birds to our feeders.  We noticed a yellow finch the other day and a bunch of hummingbirds.  The leaves are out in full force on the trees and most of Kay’s flowers are starting to bloom. 

Spring is here which means warmer weather. It also means boat detailing time......wax on...wax off!

This is the beginning of the dingy davit install

Our new dingy

The water is about 50f so I put my large body in a small wet suit

I need to add a handle in order to get out of the water


Davit installed




Dinghy all tied down

More sunsets



Nice rainbow


Scrub-a-dub-dub.  Amazing how much green stuff grows








More scrubbing

Ms. Kay's flowers



Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment