Thursday, May 12, 2016

Sitting on the Dock by the Bay

For the last few days I have been in Friday Harbor waiting on parts for the generator.  Nothing that significant, a 90 degree hose and a 4ft raw water intake hose.  About $35 worth.  So I get all the parts and go to work.  Take about 45 minutes.  Great let's fire up the genny and get outta here.  Not so fast says the generator, you forgot the "original " leak!"  One of the end caps on the oil cooler was leaking.  I removed it and it fell apart in my hands.  Great. 

Called NW Cummins in Seattle and I am sort of lucky again as they have the parts and will over night them to me.  I looked the pieces over and there was evidence that this cap has been leaking for a while, but just enough to cause the 90 elbow to fail. I missed this on my inspection of the genny a few months ago, so lesson learned and blame the person in the mirror. So with any luck we will be out of here and on our way to Sucia Island.  UPS gets here at 2pm.........

 
Well I got the new part in today, 5-12-2016, installed and tested.  No more leaks so tomorrow we are off to Sucia Island.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment