Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Windlass Update

We have been stick in Ketchikan for 3 weeks.  We got the windlass installed, but when we ran a chain through it, the chain would jam up.  I called Maxwell and talked to the tech again.  He asked me what number was stamped on the chain gypsy.  It had 33 stamped on it.  He then asked what number was on the new one. 55.  He told me we had the wrong chain wheel!  ugggggg

By this time a short weather window opened and we suggested to John and Tracy they needed to take it.  We could catch up.  So they left around 9 AM and headed to Foggy Bay.  When he got to Foggy Bay it was very crowded, so the pushed on to Prince Rupert.  He took the short cut at night!!  He has more balls than I do.

I received the new chain wheel yesterday 8-21-17.  Took me 5 minutes to install.  I sent the wrong one back to Maxwell.  We are currently on a weather hold until Thursday.  Tired of Ketch. 

Chain Wheel/Gypsy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment