I took a hoe to get rid of the grass growing on the logs
Last 40 feet. This was the hardest as there were not as many floatation logs as in the first 40'. This section did have more Styrofoam which presented its own issues as I had on corner higher than the other.
Treated the Admiral
Working on the 6 x6 and 4 x 4 frame
Drilling pilot holes in 6 x 6 with 16" 5/8 lag bolts
Pic of the old floatation. I removed some of it as it was old and wasn't any good
Still have to build a piling box
5/8 16 inch lag bolt
Securing some of the old floatation
Some of the 55gal barrels I placed for floatation
Lot of work here. Had to load the 6 x 6 x 10 into the truck, then carry it down to the dock, walk the planks and get it in place.
Close up of a floatation barrel
Barrel and old nasty foam
Pre-drilling 4 x4 frame while trying to keep the extension cord out of the water.
Blow boat in Fisher Slough just below our dock
4 x 4 frame coming along
6 x 6 and 4 x 4 frame in place
installing the deck
Moon rise last weekend
Piling box. The gray plates are hard plastic. When I install strips of these plate on the piling itself, it will be very slippery, which will not produce any noise. Next year this and another piling will be the replaced with steel.
Showing the frame and planks to navigate
When I was done, the inside of the dock was right on and the outside was 4" short. I am told this was not bad for dealing with old logs.
Decking done, all that is left is railing
Kay cleaned the cement stairs to the dock and I made flower boxes for her.
Kay and Shannon planted the first flowers.
Wild flowers near our dock
DONE and a drink in celebration