Sunday, June 30, 2013

Another weekend at the dock

Well I have my lumber ordered.  I pitted local lumber companies against Lowes and Home Depot.  Lowes tried, but Clatskanie Builders Supply came through with the best quote at little over $3200 to be delivered Tuesday. Keep in mind this is just lumber for the 80' dock.  Then this weekend I had an awful feeling, what could it be?  I had forgotten to order hardware.  I will need 130 5/8 x 16" lag bolts.  These will be used to secure the 6 x 6 x 10' to the existing 4 x 10 and then down 5" into the log.  Then 150 1/2 x 6" to secure the 4 x 4 frame to the 6 x 6s.  So Monday I have to order the lag bolts, so now it is just hurry up and wait.  So this weekend Kay worked on her steps and I built flower boxes out of the old lumber and nails.  I also got the big spot light working.  It came on at dusk and Kay says it was to bright and it did light up the entire dock. This morning we are woke up by " Remain in your car!"  What the heck.  Woke Kay and I out of a sound sleep.  The pop had a car full of kids pulled over.  They were headed down to the park.  No fish this weekend, but we did try and I broke out a down rigger.  Today it got hot today and we had to turn on the A/C on the boat.  88 when we left and 98 in town.  The house is hot with no A/C.

Kay's project to keep the gravel off the stairs.



Sunset and evening pics



Talking to Kody....



Light works, but very bright


The admiral at work




Looking east up Fisher slough toward Longview Yacht Club

Alaskan Sea-Duction

Building flower boxes



All done with barrels, waiting on lumber

Fishing mine is on a downrigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment